Tanzania is home to some of the most beautiful and vibrant beaches in the world, boasting fine white sand, clear blue waters, and abundant palm trees. Many of these beaches are found on Zanzibar, just off the coast of mainland Tanzania.
With the vast number of beaches, you can find the perfect beach whether you are looking for a day of relaxation on the sand, an opportunity to enjoy surfing and swimming, or a chance to snorkel in reefs and swim with dolphins. These are five local favorites.
- Paje Beach – There is plenty of adventure to be had at Paje Beach. High winds make this a popular site for windsurfing, while the stretch of sand and shady trees are peaceful. Paje Beach is located on the east coast of Zanzibar about one hour from Stone Town.
- Kendwa Beach – Kendwa Beach on the northwestern coast hosts many of Zanzibar’s resorts, hotels, restaurants, and entertainment. You can spend your day enjoying the beach, snorkeling in coral reefs, or sightseeing before indulging in the many options for parties and thrills all night.
- Nakupenda Beach – Nakupenda Beach is a narrow sandbar located a short ride off the coast near Zanzibar city. The beautiful white sands, low number of visitors, and surrounding marine wildlife makes a speech a great destination, although you should be aware that there is no shade.
- Nungwi Beach – While not as touristy as Kendwa Beach, Nungwi still offers many restaurants, hotels, and activities such as scuba diving. The lounge at the beach offers a relaxing place to get a drink and a meal when you need a break from the Tanzanian sun.
- Kizimkazi Beach – This beach is on the south coast of Zanzibar and instead of stretches of white sand, Kizimkazi has a beach of small coves. It is located in a small fishing village known for their dolphin safaris and even the opportunity to swim with dolphins.
Wherever you go in Zanzibar in Tanzania, you are sure to find beautiful sites, exciting trips, tasty food, and abundant options for relaxation at some of the world’s most beautiful locations.
Leave a Reply